Monday, January 23, 2012

Dance Club Poster / Dance Team Tryout Flyer

In this poster, I was asked to create a poster they could use over a timespan of several semesters.  They didn't really have any guidelines except to make it professional yet fun.  They provided a few silhouettes, however, I only used one and then I used a stock photo as reference for the bottom right and darker silhouette.  It was a rather neat experiment with layering vector images. 



With this next project, they wanted a Dance Team Tryout Flyer that will be handed out.  Originally, they gave me a very pixelated image to use as their desired background.  I did not feel comfortable using the photo (credits and all that) on top of it being rather unattractive.  So I went to a stock website and found a dancing couple and recreated the background with the same color scheme as the image provided on top of a photo I took myself.  With the back of the flyer, I kept the same theme but with all the information they needed.  The major challenge with this one was to make the decision of using the original picture as the client asked and achieving the effect they wanted.  In the end, I presented them with 4 different front sides (the first 2 with client's background and 2 different type layouts and the second 2 with my design and 2 different type layouts) and the same back. 





1 comment:

  1. On these two projects, the only change I ended up making was the wording of the "HLS Facility Green Studio."

    ReplyDelete